Our cold air intakes are one of the easiest and most rewarding upgrades you can do to your vehicle. To demonstrate the benefits of our Elite Series Cold Air Intake for the Chevy Colorado, we sent a kit to HorsePower Obsessed to try out:
Why Cold Air Inductions?
Horsepower Obsessed hadn’t really considered installing a cold air intake on their V6 Colorado because most kits required the engine cover to be removed.
But that’s not the case with Cold Air Intake’s kit as it was designed to work specifically with the Colorado. Unlike some of the generic solutions from other suppliers. So, we decided to send them a kit to demonstrate just how effective our CAI cold air intake can be.
The Chevy Colorado Intake Kit
Our cold air induction kit for the Chevy Colorado is specially designed to work with that model. It uses all the original fasteners, OEM sensors, mounting points and connectors. This makes for an easy install that fits perfectly. The intake system includes:
- Insulated Aluminum Air Box
- Air Box Lid with Clear Inspection Window
- Thermal-Coated Intake Tube
- High-Performance Air Filter
- Installation Instructions
Our Chevy Colorado intake system also works with the following trucks:
- 2015 – 2022 Chevrolet Colorado 3.6-liter V6 and 2.5-liter inline-4
- 2015 – 2022 GMC Canyon 3.6-liter V6 and 2.5-liter inline-4
- 2016 – 2022 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8-liter Turbo-Diesel
- 2016 – 2022 GMC Canyon 2.8-liter Turbo-Diesel
Installing the kit was extremely easy. It took just a few minutes and required just a couple of tools.
“I would definitely recommend Cold Air Inductions. The intake install was extremely easy.”– Justin, HorsePower Obsessed
- T20 Torx screwdriver
- Philips head screwdriver
- Flat head screwdriver
- 8mm and 10mm socket with extension
- Remove MAF sensor with T20 Torx screwdriver
- Use 8mm socket or flathead screwdriver to remove pipe between intake and manifold
- Remove stock airbox with Philips head screwdriver.
- Take out stock filter and bottom air box section. Two 10mm nuts hold it in place.
- Slide MAF sensor into new intake tube.
- Install new airbox using stock grommets and connectors
- Connect new intake tube between airbox and intake manifold. Reattach MAF harness
- Install air filter and fit new airbox lid
And that’s it. The process is simple, and the new components fit as if they came from the factory.
Every system we build is tested in real-world conditions to deliver real-world results. To test our claim Horsepower Obsessed did before and after dyno runs and sound tests.
“I can definitely hear a lot more intake noise.”– Justin, HorsePower Obsessed
The sound from the engine bay before the new intake was hardly noticeable. Once it had been installed, it transformed the intake sound. Every press of the throttle released a far deeper and more impressive sound that really transformed the truck.
“It does give us some additional power, which is awesome.”– Justin, HorsePower Obsessed
The dyno tests also showed minor, yet consistent improvements to both power and torque levels. Wolfpack speed Dyno runs:
- Best of 249hp and 228 lb-ft with stock intake
- Best of 251hp and 230 lb-ft with Cold Air Inductions kit
The 2hp and 2lb-ft improvements were small, but like with any modification, a tune would really allow the Colorado to make the most of the colder air being sucked into the motor.
Upgrade Your Truck With The Best Chevy Colorado Cold Cold Air Intake
For an immediate boost in performance, economy, and intake sound, the Colorado Cold Air intake kit is tough to beat. As HorsePower Obsessed found, it’s easy to install, sounds great, and can save you money thanks to the reusable air filter and potential for better gas mileage. Other benefits include:
- Small power gain – could be increased with a tune
- Potential gas mileage improvement
- Much better engine sound
- Reusable air filter saves money
- Extremely easy to install
Cold Air Inductions has been a leading manufacturer of sealed air box intakes since 2004. Our products are built to last and come with a lifetime warranty. Each kit is designed and tested to work with your vehicle.
Our real-world dyno testing procedures show real-world benefits. Get in touch with our team to order your CAI cold air induction kit today.