Choosing an air filter is a bit more complicated than finding one the right size for your vehicle. In addition to the quality of the filter, you may also have questions about which is better – oiled or dry air filters.
There’s been a lot of debate on this subject, including which type of filter performs better based on filtration, airflow, longevity, and overall performance. Advocates can make a case for each type of filter, listing specific pros and cons, but when it comes down to it, the filter type our engineers recommend and trust at Cold Air Inductions is the oiled filter.
The Benefits Of An Oiled Filter
Constructed from high-flow cotton, oiled air filters are treated with oil to trap contaminants. High-quality brands use oiled filters for products like cold air intakes because they aren’t as restrictive as paper filters, which rely on the thickness of the media to block impurities.
Oiled air filters can be cleaned and reused, while dry paper filters must be discarded after each use. So while buying an oiled filter is more expensive than a paper filter, you can save money in the long run by using one. Check out the video below for more info on the filter cleaning process:
When you’re ready to clean your filter, you can find our Recharge Kits here.
Air Intake Filters From Cold Air Inductions
All performance air filters are not the same. Many of them can rob your vehicle of some of its performance. That’s why Cold Air Inductions engineers every air filter to work for each of our specific cold-air intake systems. Simply put, they are designed for optimum airflow with minimal turbulence.
All of Cold Air Inductions performance air filters:
- Are pre-oiled lifetime filters that are ready to install and use over and over
- Feature interwoven cotton layers with a pleat count designed to maximize airflow and minimize turbulence
- Feature a unique velocity-stack radius to minimize turbulence as air flows from the filter into the air tube of the air-intake system
- Have an engineered stop on the base to ensure proper installation and allow more accurate readings from the MAF
- Come with stainless steel clamps for a secure fit and a great look
Since 2004 Cold Air Inductions has manufactured the highest-quality air intakes in the industry, delivering real power and great quality. Check out our testimonials and customer reviews to see what people say about our products.
Contact us if you have questions or want to know more about our products.